What is HRCT Temp-Coronal?
The High Resolution Computed Tomography or HRCT scan of the Temporal Bone is an imaging procedure that uses narrow beams of X-rays to create a high resolution image of the structures of the middle and inner ears to assess their normal structure and identify any problems associated with them.
Preparation for HRCT Temp-Coronal
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Why Get Tested for HRCT Temp-Coronal?
- To assess the structures of the middle and inner ears and to diagnose the clinical conditions affecting them and direct treatment procedures
- To diagnose the cause of clinical conditions like hearing loss, pulsatile tinnitus
- To diagnose clinical conditions like external auditory canal atresia, middle ear inflammation/cholesteatoma, temporal bone trauma and vascular tympanic membrane
Mahajan Imaging Centre (DC)
Defence Colony, NEW DELHI
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital.