What is HRCT CHEST - Plain?
The High Resolution Computed Tomography (HRCT) scan of the chest is an imaging procedure that uses narrow beams of X-rays to create a high resolution image of the lung anatomy. The HRCT test creates a detailed image of the lung anatomy and the airflow through it which can be used to visually assess the lung anatomy and airflow patterns to detect and diagnose the underlying health conditions.
Preparation for HRCT CHEST - Plain
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for HRCT CHEST - Plain?
- To assess the function of the lungs and the risk of development of diffuse lung disease
- To detect presence of any abnormal growth in the lungs
- To detect obstructions to airflow through the lungs
- To identify the location to perform lung biopsy if needed
Mahajan Imaging Centre (DC)
Defence Colony, NEW DELHI
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital.