What is Holter?
Holter is a monitoring test that uses a device called Holter monitor (a wearable device) that measures electrical activity and heart rhythm over a period of 24 to 48 hours using electrode patches. Any deviation from normal electrical conductivity pattern indicates problems in normal heart rhythm which may be used to detect and diagnose cardiovascular diseases.
Why is Holter done?
- To assess heart rhythms to detect abnormal patterns indicating cardiovascular diseases
- To look for abnormalities that may affect normal heart function
- To monitor the activity of the heart after a heart attack
- To assess the risk of a heart attack
- To determine the condition of heart before starting a new cardiovascular (heart) medicine
- To determine if your medicine is working or if changes need to be made
- To help doctors to see why you might be experiencing symptoms of irregular heartbeat, like dizziness or fainting
Preparation for Holter
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Mahajan Imaging Centre (DC)
Defence Colony, NEW DELHI
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital.
Available at Other Labs