MRI Left Elbow Joint
What is MRI Left Elbow Joint?
An MRI of the left elbow joint is used to visualise the bones of the elbow joint along with the surrounding soft tissues like the cartilages, tendons, ligaments, muscles and blood vessels. The area of the elbow includes the bones of the proximal forearm (radius and ulna), the distal humerus (bone of the upper arm) and the elbow joint. The MRI scan uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear multiple images of the elbow joint. Multiple images are captured during the MRI scan which can be stored on an electronic device and then further printed on a film. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI Left Elbow Joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for MRI Left Elbow Joint?
- To diagnose any fracture of the bones that form the elbow joint
- To diagnose suspected osteoporosis or deformities of the bones of this joint
- To diagnose any infection or abnormal growth of the bones or the soft tissues of this joint
- To diagnose any suspected arthritis or dislocation of the elbow joint
- To diagnose any injury to the soft tissues like ligaments, tendons or the surrounding muscles
Sushant Lok 1, HARYANA
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital. Mahajan Imaging’s latest centre in Gurugram has been set up with a vision of blending the best technology in the world, under guidance of some of Indias best doctors, with a calm and relaxing environment that takes you far away from the stress and anxiety of illness. Over the last 25 years, we have learnt that feeling well is the first step one can take towards a true healthier lifestyle.