What is MRI Fistulogram?
An MRI fistulogram creates picture of the sphincter muscles, anal canal and its surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI Fistulogram
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Fistulogram?
- To diagnose perianal fistulae (mass which develops between bowel end and anus skin)
- To find out the Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohns disease) and obstetric fistula (condition in which a hole develops in the birth canal after child delivery)
- To detect blind (one end opening), complete (both end opening) and incomplete (external skin opening) fistula
- To evaluate an obstetric fistula (which develops when blood supply vagina, bladder and rectum is cut off at prolonged delayed labour delivery
Sushant Lok 1, HARYANA
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital. Mahajan Imaging’s latest centre in Gurugram has been set up with a vision of blending the best technology in the world, under guidance of some of Indias best doctors, with a calm and relaxing environment that takes you far away from the stress and anxiety of illness. Over the last 25 years, we have learnt that feeling well is the first step one can take towards a true healthier lifestyle.