What is MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain) ?
MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx is used to visualise the sacrum (a triangular bone at the end of the spine), coccyx (known as tailbone, located just above the anus) and the surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create a detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain)
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain) ?
- To find the cause of lower back pain or coccydynia (pain in the coccyx) that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the sacrum or tailbone
- To diagnose any suspected abnormal growths (tumors like sacrococcygeal chordoma), birth defects, infections, inflammation or degenerative diseases of the sacrococcygeal junction
Janta X Ray Clinic Pvt Ltd
Tilak Nagar, NEW DELHI
Jantra X Ray Clinic Pvt Ltdis the first choice for all Doctors & Consultants ( not only of West & North Delhi )but also from far off geographies as our Quality and Accuracy and Service Standards is Par Excellence. Five state-of-the-art MRI, Zero Waiting in MRI, Includes Open Bore 3T Siemens Verio, Open Bore 1.5T SiemensEspree, Smart MRI with IQ 2-1.5T Philips Acheiva, G-Scan The Tilting MRI. Five State-of-the-Art Multislice CT Scanners, Zero Waiting for CT Scans (Including500 Slice Optima 660 from GE) North India’s First Center to have 5 Beat Angiography Non Invasive Cardiac Angio Graphy. Multiple 4D / 5D Ultrasound and Color Dopplers machines. Only Private Diagnostic Center in India to be equipped with Architect 8200 and a Backup of Vitros 5600 in its Laboratory. Wildest Branch Network , our Pathology and Radilogy Services at Branches are par Excellence. Most experienced and expert Doctors & Consultants as our TEAM of almost 50 FULLTIME Doctors comprising of Radiologists, Microbiologist, Biochemist, DM Cardiologists, Neurologists & also full time Gynaecologists and Anaesthetists. Accreditations – Amongst the first few labs to have obtained the prestigious, NABL accreditation, Quality Austria from Government of India. Biggest Fleet in the Industry - our fleet which consists of 45 ambulances and pickup vans including luxury cars for utmost patient/customer care.