What is Holter?
Holter is a monitoring test that uses a device called Holter monitor (a wearable device) that measures electrical activity and heart rhythm over a period of 24 to 48 hours using electrode patches. Any deviation from normal electrical conductivity pattern indicates problems in normal heart rhythm which may be used to detect and diagnose cardiovascular diseases.
Why is Holter done?
- To assess heart rhythms to detect abnormal patterns indicating cardiovascular diseases
- To look for abnormalities that may affect normal heart function
- To monitor the activity of the heart after a heart attack
- To assess the risk of a heart attack
- To determine the condition of heart before starting a new cardiovascular (heart) medicine
- To determine if your medicine is working or if changes need to be made
- To help doctors to see why you might be experiencing symptoms of irregular heartbeat, like dizziness or fainting
Preparation for Holter
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the scan.
Janta X Ray Clinic Pvt Ltd
Tilak Nagar, NEW DELHI
About Janta X Ray Clinic Pvt LtdJantra X Ray Clinic Pvt Ltdis the first choice for all Doctors & Consultants ( not only of West & North Delhi )but also from far off geographies as our Quality and Accuracy and Service Standards is Par Excellence. Five state-of-the-art MRI, Zero Waiting in MRI, Includes Open Bore 3T Siemens Verio, Open Bore 1.5T SiemensEspree, Smart MRI with IQ 2-1.5T Philips Acheiva, G-Scan The Tilting MRI. Five State-of-the-Art Multislice CT Scanners, Zero Waiting for CT Scans (Including500 Slice Optima 660 from GE) North India’s First Center to have 5 Beat Angiography Non Invasive Cardiac Angio Graphy. Multiple 4D / 5D Ultrasound and Color Dopplers machines. Only Private Diagnostic Center in India to be equipped with Architect 8200 and a Backup of Vitros 5600 in its Laboratory. Wildest Branch Network , our Pathology and Radilogy Services at Branches are par Excellence. Most experienced and expert Doctors & Consultants as our TEAM of almost 50 FULLTIME Doctors comprising of Radiologists, Microbiologist, Biochemist, DM Cardiologists, Neurologists & also full time Gynaecologists and Anaesthetists. Accreditations – Amongst the first few labs to have obtained the prestigious, NABL accreditation, Quality Austria from Government of India. Biggest Fleet in the Industry - our fleet which consists of 45 ambulances and pickup vans including luxury cars for utmost patient/customer care.
Available at Other Labs