Why is Dual Phase CT Abdomen done?
- To diagnose the cause of any pain, tenderness and suspected perforation of the stomach
- To find out the signs of intestinal obstruction (blockade) and presence of any accidentally ingested foreign body
- To determine the suspected gallstones or kidney stones
- To look for signs of calcification of aorta or abdominal aortic aneurysm (enlargement of lower part of aorta)
- To detect cancer of stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, intestines, bladders and others soft tissues of abdominal region
Preparation for Dual Phase CT Abdomen
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Janta X Ray Clinic Pvt Ltd
Tilak Nagar, NEW DELHI