What is CECT Mastoid?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the Mastoid bones is a diagnostic procedure where rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the inner ear. These cross sectional images can then be used to create a complete three dimensional image of the mastoid bone of the inner ear. This image can be used to visibly identify infection of the mastoid bone or other parts of the inner ear.
Preparation for CECT Mastoid
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Why Get Tested for CECT Mastoid?
- To diagnose the infection of the air spaces of mastoid (mastoiditis)
- To diagnose any suspected conditions like otitis media (infection of the ear) and cholesteatoma (abnormal skin growth in the middle ear behind the eardrum)
- To look for any suspected injury or fracture of the mastoid bones
- For the diagnosis of any suspected abnormal growth (tumor) in the mastoid bone region
Civil Line, GURGAON
HealthMaP Diagnostics Private Limited (www.healthmapdiagnostics.com) is a Special Purposes Company set up as a joint venture between Manipal Health Enterprises Pvt. Ltd. ( www.manipalhospitals.com ) and Philips India Limited (www.philips.com), who are both leaders in their respective fields. The primary focus of HMDPL is to identify, validate, participate, win and implement a selected few of the large Public Private Partnership (PPP) opportunities in the Healthcare Domain in the country. This PPP model of Healthcare service delivery closely follows the hugely successful E-Governance initiatives of the Government of India over the last 10 years. This is now fast becoming the defacto standard for Healthcare Service Delivery in the various States of the country.