What is CECT Chest With 3D?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the diaphragm, heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The data from contrast CT scans are then converted into a 3D image which can be further rotated 360 degrees in any dimension.
Why is CECT Chest With 3D done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammation or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Preparation for CECT Chest With 3D
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Civil Line, GURGAON
HealthMaP Diagnostics Private Limited (www.healthmapdiagnostics.com) is a Special Purposes Company set up as a joint venture between Manipal Health Enterprises Pvt. Ltd. ( www.manipalhospitals.com ) and Philips India Limited (www.philips.com), who are both leaders in their respective fields. The primary focus of HMDPL is to identify, validate, participate, win and implement a selected few of the large Public Private Partnership (PPP) opportunities in the Healthcare Domain in the country. This PPP model of Healthcare service delivery closely follows the hugely successful E-Governance initiatives of the Government of India over the last 10 years. This is now fast becoming the defacto standard for Healthcare Service Delivery in the various States of the country.