This test is for
What is Holter?
Holter is a monitoring test that uses a device called Holter monitor (a wearable device) that measures electrical activity and heart rhythm over a period of 24 to 48 hours using electrode patches. Any deviation from normal electrical conductivity pattern indicates problems in normal heart rhythm which may be used to detect and diagnose cardiovascular diseases.
Why is Holter done?
- To assess heart rhythms to detect abnormal patterns indicating cardiovascular diseases
- To look for abnormalities that may affect normal heart function
- To monitor the activity of the heart after a heart attack
- To assess the risk of a heart attack
- To determine the condition of heart before starting a new cardiovascular (heart) medicine
- To determine if your medicine is working or if changes need to be made
- To help doctors to see why you might be experiencing symptoms of irregular heartbeat, like dizziness or fainting
Healthcare Medical Center and Diagnostics is a multi-specialty Polyclinic, Medical and Diagnostic Center. It is one of its kinds in western suburbs having Pathology, Radiology, Cardiology, Dental, Physiotherapy, Consultations & Full Body Check-ups under one roof. At Healthcare, we are committed to providing world-class healthcare in a comprehensive and seamless manner. From medical excellence to a warm, reassuring environment, everything we do is governed by one overriding objective – the...