MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen
This test is for
What is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the abdomen is used to visualise the organs of the abdomen which includes the stomach, intestine, gall bladder, base of the lungs, liver and spleen. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film.
Why is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen done?
- To look for the presence of any suspected mass or enlargement of the stomach, kidney, liver, pancreas or spleen
- To further evaluate any abnormal finding in the liver function tests or kidney function tests
- To diagnose the cause of any abdominal pain or swelling
- To diagnose the presence of abdominal aortic aneurysm (enlargement of the aorta in the abdominal area) or to look for any signs of calcification in the aorta
- To evaluate the diseases of the kidney for eg: any infection or swelling (hydronephrosis), kidney stones or tumors
- To evaluate the diseases of the liver, for eg: infections, fatty liver, cirrhosis
- To look for suspected bile duct obstruction, diseases of the gall stone or presence of gall stones
- To detect the presence of any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) in liver, kidney, spleen or other abdominal organs
- To look for enlarged lymph nodes in the abdomen
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgrade our equipments , technology and integrate latest advances in imaging.Established in 2013 under an agreement between Jamia Hamdard and Clearmedi Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. to provide radiological services to the well established HAH Centenary Hospital, Hamdard Institute Medical Science and Research (HIMSR).