Overview of Vit E
What is Vit E?
Vitamin E helps in the maintenance of biomembranes of vascular and nervous systems & has anti-oxidant properties. This assay is useful for assessing if you have motor and sensory neuropathies. It is also useful for monitoring vitamin E status of premature infants requiring oxygenation.
Why is Vit E done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of mal-absorption syndromes like celiac disease, tropical sprue, Crohn’s disease which may cause weight loss, diarrhoea, vomiting
- If you have symptoms of Vitmain E deficiency like tingling or numbness in limbs, poor muscle co-ordination
Preparation for Vit E
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Vit E
The sample type collected for Vitamin E is: Blood
Interpreting Vit E results
- Low levels of vitamin E can be associated with malabsorption syndromes like celiac disease, tropical spurue, cystic fibrosis etc.
- High levels are very uncommon
Gen-X Diagnostics is a unit of ARA Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. founded by leading applied research scientist Dr. Rama Mukherjee. Gen-X specializes in the field of molecular diagnostics, focusing on the development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services. It is one of the first of its kind R&D Company focusing on development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services with an intention to assisting its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug discovery and development by providing cost effective and efficient co-development and outlicencing solution. Gen X Diagnostics is a unique leading Molecular Diagnostics in India offering a wide range of tests for infectious diseases, transplantation medicine, prenatal diagnostics, cancer, genetic disorder, metabolic and hormonal disorders. Gen-X Diagnostics has started its diagnostics operation from Dec 2007. We do reflect a commitment to improving the lives through the delivery of innovative diagnosis and therapeutic products that enable and provide optimal care.