Overview of Insulin - Random
What is Insulin - Random?
Insulin is produced by beta cells of the pancreas. It leads to Type 1 (IDDM) diabetes caused by Insulin deficiency & Type 2 (NIDDM) diabetes caused by insulin resistance. This assay is useful in the management of Diabetes. It is also used for diagnosing Insulinoma when used in conjunction with Proinsu-lin and C-peptide measurement.
The sample type collected for Insulin - Random is: Blood
Preparation for Insulin - Random
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Insulin - Random?
- To confirm the presence of insolin secreting tumours like insolinoma
- To confirm resistance to insolin hormone
- To monitor insolin levels in diabetics taking medicines or insolin injection
- If you have symptoms of low blood glucose levels like giddiness, sweating, palpitations, confusion, fainting and dryness of mouth.
What Results of Insulin - Random mean?
- High levels of insulin may be associared with insulin secreting tumors or excess medicines
- Low levels can be seen in pancreatic disease like pancreatitis, pancreatic tumor, diabetes
Patient Concerns about Insulin - Random
Frequently Asked Questions about Insulin - Random
Q. Can I do a home insulin test?
No, insulin test requires special instruments so, it can only be done in laboratories
Gen-X Diagnostics is a unit of ARA Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. founded by leading applied research scientist Dr. Rama Mukherjee. Gen-X specializes in the field of molecular diagnostics, focusing on the development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services. It is one of the first of its kind R&D Company focusing on development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services with an intention to assisting its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug discovery and development by providing cost effective and efficient co-development and outlicencing solution. Gen X Diagnostics is a unique leading Molecular Diagnostics in India offering a wide range of tests for infectious diseases, transplantation medicine, prenatal diagnostics, cancer, genetic disorder, metabolic and hormonal disorders. Gen-X Diagnostics has started its diagnostics operation from Dec 2007. We do reflect a commitment to improving the lives through the delivery of innovative diagnosis and therapeutic products that enable and provide optimal care.