Overview of Differential leucocyte Count
The sample type collected for Differential leucocyte Count is: Blood
Preparation for Differential leucocyte Count
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Differential leucocyte Count?
- As a part of complete blood count (CBC) or routine health examination
- If you have signs or symptoms of infection or inflammation like fever, chills, body aches, headaches
What Results of Differential leucocyte Count mean?
- High neutrophil count (neutrophilia) can be seen in acute bacterial infections, inflammation, burns while lower values (neutropenia) may be seen in aplastic anemia, autoimmune disorders, drug reactions or chemotherapy
- High lymphocyte count (lymphocytosis) may be seen in acute viral infections, tuberculosis, lymphocytic leukemia while lower values (lymphopenia) may be seen in bone marrow damage, aplastic anemia, autoimmune disorders
- High monocyte count (monocytosis) may be seen in chronic infections like tuberculosis, bacterial endocarditis, collagen vascular disorders, inflammatory bowel diseases while lower values may be seen in bone marrow damage
- High eosinophil count (eosinophilia) can be seen in asthma, allergies, drug reactions, parasitic infections, while lower levels are rare and medically insignificant
- High basophil count (basophilia) may be seen in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) while lower levels are medically insignificant
Tests Included in Differential leucocyte Count(6 tests)
- Differential Eosinophil Count
- Differential Neutrophil Count
- Differential Monocyte Count
- Differential Granulocyte Count
- Differential Lymphocyte Count
Gen-X Diagnostics is a unit of ARA Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. founded by leading applied research scientist Dr. Rama Mukherjee. Gen-X specializes in the field of molecular diagnostics, focusing on the development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services. It is one of the first of its kind R&D Company focusing on development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services with an intention to assisting its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug discovery and development by providing cost effective and efficient co-development and outlicencing solution. Gen X Diagnostics is a unique leading Molecular Diagnostics in India offering a wide range of tests for infectious diseases, transplantation medicine, prenatal diagnostics, cancer, genetic disorder, metabolic and hormonal disorders. Gen-X Diagnostics has started its diagnostics operation from Dec 2007. We do reflect a commitment to improving the lives through the delivery of innovative diagnosis and therapeutic products that enable and provide optimal care.