This test is for
What is CECT Chest?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles.
Why is CECT Chest done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammations or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Ganesh Diagnostic & Imaging Centre Pvt Ltd in Delhi. Pathology Labs with Address, Contact Number, Photos, Maps. View Ganesh Diagnostic & Imaging Centre Pvt Ltd, Delhi on Justdial.\\nEstablished in the year 2001, Ganesh Diagnostic & Imaging Centre Pvt Ltd in Rohini Sector 8, Delhi is a top player in the category Pathology Labs in the Delhi. This well-known establishment acts as a one-stop destination servicing customers both local and from other parts of Delhi. Over the course of its journey,...