What is MR Urography?
An MR urography creates picture of the upper urinary tracts (kidneys and ureter), urinary bladder and its surrounding soft tissues. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film.
Preparation for MR Urography
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MR Urography?
- To diagnose any suspected urinary tract obstruction or congenital abnormalities (absent kidney, renal duplication)
- To diagnose the presence of any suspected urinary tract tumor (abnormal growth of tissue)
- To diagnose hydronephrosis (swelling of the kidney which results in urine backflow), stone in the kidney / ureter / urinary bladder or gall stones (in the gall bladder)
- To detect the cause of blood in the urine (hematuria) and presence of any kidney/bladder stones
Dr. Madhu MRI Path Lab
GTB NAGAR, NEW DELHI
Dr Madhu MRI PathLab is the first 24 hours open fully automated standalone laboratory in Delhi. Our team of experienced doctors at Dr Madhu MRI PathLab ensures quality at all stages of testing : right from collection of samples to final release of reports. We strive to continuously upgrade our knowledge and technology keeping the pace with latest developments in the field of medical science and assist the society with right choice for MRI Scaning, ECG, Radiology and many more services.You will surely notice this lab as patient friendly services along with high quality standard testing which is the soul motto of our organization.