What is Holter?
Holter is a monitoring test that uses a device called Holter monitor (a wearable device) that measures electrical activity and heart rhythm over a period of 24 to 48 hours using electrode patches. Any deviation from normal electrical conductivity pattern indicates problems in normal heart rhythm which may be used to detect and diagnose cardiovascular diseases.
Why is Holter done?
- To assess heart rhythms to detect abnormal patterns indicating cardiovascular diseases
- To look for abnormalities that may affect normal heart function
- To monitor the activity of the heart after a heart attack
- To assess the risk of a heart attack
- To determine the condition of heart before starting a new cardiovascular (heart) medicine
- To determine if your medicine is working or if changes need to be made
- To help doctors to see why you might be experiencing symptoms of irregular heartbeat, like dizziness or fainting
Preparation for Holter
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the scan.
Dr. Madhu MRI Path Lab
GTB NAGAR, NEW DELHI
About Dr. Madhu MRI Path LabDr Madhu MRI PathLab is the first 24 hours open fully automated standalone laboratory in Delhi. Our team of experienced doctors at Dr Madhu MRI PathLab ensures quality at all stages of testing : right from collection of samples to final release of reports. We strive to continuously upgrade our knowledge and technology keeping the pace with latest developments in the field of medical science and assist the society with right choice for MRI Scaning, ECG, Radiology and many more services.You will surely notice this lab as patient friendly services along with high quality standard testing which is the soul motto of our organization.
Available at Other Labs