What is CECT HRCT Temporalbone Axial Coronal?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the CECT HRCT Temporal Bone Axial Coronal is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the thick skull compound bones that covers middle and inner parts of the ear.
Preparation for CECT HRCT Temporalbone Axial Coronal
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Why Get Tested for CECT HRCT Temporalbone Axial Coronal?
- To diagnose glomus jugulare tumor (tumor of the temporal bone which affects middle and inner ear)
- To detect injuries to the facial nerve and middle / inner ear parts, facial nerve paralysis and intracerebral hemorrhage (brain injury)
- To find out the extent of hearing loss especially in otosclerosis patients (cancer of bone near the middle ear) and cerebrospinal fluid otorrhea (drainage of fluid from the ear)
Dr. Madhu MRI Path Lab
GTB NAGAR, NEW DELHI
Dr Madhu MRI PathLab is the first 24 hours open fully automated standalone laboratory in Delhi. Our team of experienced doctors at Dr Madhu MRI PathLab ensures quality at all stages of testing : right from collection of samples to final release of reports. We strive to continuously upgrade our knowledge and technology keeping the pace with latest developments in the field of medical science and assist the society with right choice for MRI Scaning, ECG, Radiology and many more services.You will surely notice this lab as patient friendly services along with high quality standard testing which is the soul motto of our organization.