Overview of HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography
What is HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography?
Get this test done one to three months after you think you may have been exposed to the virus (the average time for the antibody to be detected is two to eight weeks after exposure to the virus); once a year if you are at increased risk of being exposed to the virus; when your doctor thinks that your signs and symptoms may be due to HIV; before becoming pregnant or when you are pregnant.
The sample type collected for HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography is: Blood
Preparation for HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography?
- To screen for and diagnose HIV infection
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- If you are diagnosed with Hepatitis B, C, Tubercolosis or any other sexually transmitted disease
- Annual screening is advised for those who are at high risk for HIV infection like having a HIV positive sex partner, moltiple sexual partners, homosexual people, sharing needles
What Results of HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography mean?
- A negative HIV antibody test usually indicates that a person does not have HIV infection. A negative test only means that their is no evidence of disease at the time of the test. The HIV antibody tests does not detect an HIV infection soon after exposure, before the development of antibodies. Most people produce detectable levels of antibody 3 to 12 weeks after exposure. If someone is screened with an HIV antibody test too soon, the result may be negative despite the fact that the person is infected. For those who are at increased risk of HIV infection, it is important to get this screening test done frequently to check for possible exposure to the virus
- If someone tests positive on both the initial screening and supplemental testing, then that person is considered to be infected with HIV
Dr Lalchandani Labs are committed to offering the best of the Diagnostic tests services in Delhi/NCR. Being in existence since 30 years, we have earned complete trust of doctors, hospitals and patients through our NABL accredited Quality – India’s Highest quality accreditation. With our vast experience in this field, we know how to handle all the nuances of performing blood tests accurately and hence rightly claimed the bragging rights of being one of the best Pathology labs in Delhi. We have multiple Labs and collection Centers across Delhi and NCR and also serve some of the Leading Hospitals of Delhi. The main branches are located at Greater Kailash 1 and Lajpat Nagar of South Delhi area. It is a highly recommended pathology lab in South Delhi. Apart from Pathology, Dr Lalchandani Labs specializes in Radiology, Hospital Lab Management, Doctor Consultation, Corporate Health Check Up and providing blood to the needy through our CPC Blood Bank. We are Managing Labs at Primus Super Specialty Hospital in Chanakyapuri, Shanti Mukund Hospital in Karkardooma, Nanda Hospital, Chattarpur and Eden Hospital, East of Kailash. We have been in the services since the year 1986 and with the setting up of diagnostic centers in Greater Kailash, Lajpat Nagar and few other diagnostic labs in Delhi in quick years, Dr Lalchandani Labs are the lifeline of the capital city. Usually, the health checkups are quite expensive and tedious but with us, you won’t spend your valuable time in waiting and following up. We also provide Home collection service of Blood Samples to ensure you get the best of quality blood tests at the comforts of your Home. Our health checkup packages in Delhi will ensure that you have less time to invest at our clinics because we value our customers’ time. Our clients have been delighted with our customized packages corresponding to the need of our visitors. Dr Lalchandani Labs’ Full body health checkup in Delhi is the highest opted package among a variety of other packages. One can look at the various health checkup packages in Delhi, and we will be delighted to assist you in getting you in the pink of your health. Not only families show interest in health diagnosis, but also the multi-national companies who want to learn the fitness and health meter of their employees. Dr Lalchandani Labs has been a trusted partner for many corporates for corporate health packages in Delhi. So don’t shy away from the best of your health and get in touch for your health scan. We promise to you an excellent journey henceforth.