Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Creatinine
It is done to evaluate the health of your kidneys. It can be done as a part of basic metabolic panel or when you have signs or symptoms suggestive of kidney disease like swelling of face, ankle, lower back pain, changes in urine output etc. It should also be done to monitor the treatment if you are already diagnosed with a kidney disease. It is also ordered if you have diseases which can affect the kidney like diabetes etc.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of routine health check up or basic metabolic panel
- As a part of kidney function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease like swelling or puffiness around the eyes, face, wrists etc, poor appetite, change in urinary frequency, bloody urine, mid back pain or high blood pressure
- If you already have a kidney disease, this test is regolarly done to assess the function of your kidneys and plan further management
- No special preparation required
What Results of Creatinine mean?
- Increased creatinine levels in blood suggest kidney disease or other disorders which may affect kidney function. These include: damage to the blood vessels in kidney (glomerulonephritis), bacterial infection of kidney (pyelonephritis), acute tubular necrosis, kidney stones or rarely congestive heart failure, dehydration etc
- Low levels of creatinine are not usually seen and is not a cause for concern
Patient Concerns about Creatinine
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does exercise affect my creatinine levels?
Moderate exercise does not usually affect the creatinine levels. As you continue exercising, more muscle mass is built which may affect the levels temporarily.
Q. Does diet affect the levels of creatinine?
Some studies suggest that eating cooked meat prior to the test may increase the levels.
Dr Lalchandani Labs are committed to offering the best of the Diagnostic tests services in Delhi/NCR. Being in existence since 30 years, we have earned complete trust of doctors, hospitals and patients through our NABL accredited Quality – India’s Highest quality accreditation. With our vast experience in this field, we know how to handle all the nuances of performing blood tests accurately and hence rightly claimed the bragging rights of being one of the best Pathology labs in Delhi. We have multiple Labs and collection Centers across Delhi and NCR and also serve some of the Leading Hospitals of Delhi. The main branches are located at Greater Kailash 1 and Lajpat Nagar of South Delhi area. It is a highly recommended pathology lab in South Delhi. Apart from Pathology, Dr Lalchandani Labs specializes in Radiology, Hospital Lab Management, Doctor Consultation, Corporate Health Check Up and providing blood to the needy through our CPC Blood Bank. We are Managing Labs at Primus Super Specialty Hospital in Chanakyapuri, Shanti Mukund Hospital in Karkardooma, Nanda Hospital, Chattarpur and Eden Hospital, East of Kailash. We have been in the services since the year 1986 and with the setting up of diagnostic centers in Greater Kailash, Lajpat Nagar and few other diagnostic labs in Delhi in quick years, Dr Lalchandani Labs are the lifeline of the capital city. Usually, the health checkups are quite expensive and tedious but with us, you won’t spend your valuable time in waiting and following up. We also provide Home collection service of Blood Samples to ensure you get the best of quality blood tests at the comforts of your Home. Our health checkup packages in Delhi will ensure that you have less time to invest at our clinics because we value our customers’ time. Our clients have been delighted with our customized packages corresponding to the need of our visitors. Dr Lalchandani Labs’ Full body health checkup in Delhi is the highest opted package among a variety of other packages. One can look at the various health checkup packages in Delhi, and we will be delighted to assist you in getting you in the pink of your health. Not only families show interest in health diagnosis, but also the multi-national companies who want to learn the fitness and health meter of their employees. Dr Lalchandani Labs has been a trusted partner for many corporates for corporate health packages in Delhi. So don’t shy away from the best of your health and get in touch for your health scan. We promise to you an excellent journey henceforth.