What is MRI DiffuSIon Studies Brain?
An MRI diffusion studies brain creates a picture of the white matter brain of the brain, spinal cord (which uses the movement pattern of water molecules) and surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses a strong magnetic and radio waves to create a detailed and clear picture of 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI DiffuSIon Studies Brain
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI DiffuSIon Studies Brain?
- To diagnose acute brain ischemia and stroke (lack of blood supply to the brain)
- To detect highly cellular cancers/tumors like glioma (brain and spine cancer), CNS lymphoma (cancer of brain and spine lymph)
- To evaluate medulloblastoma (fast growing and high grade tumor which spreads from base of the skull and spreads to the spinal cord)
- To find out leukoaraiosis (white matter disease which affects nerves connecting brain and spinal cord)
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute
Hauz Khas, DELHI
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute is a unit of SM Imaging Institute Pvt. Ltd. has been conceptualized to provide diagnostic services par excellence with endeavour to reach beyond international standards. The facility has the latest state of the art technology backed up by a team of experts in the field.