What is Mammography-One SIde?
Mammography is a specialized low dose X-ray imaging technique which helps in the detection of the early breast cancer before a woman faces the symptoms for further treatment. The radiologist helps to place the breast on a plate where the breast is hardly pressed from the above while the X-ray is being taken. The whole examination process takes nearly about 30 minutes.
Why is Mammography-One SIde done?
- To diagnose presence of any breast cancer and post surgical scarring of the breast tissues in women
- To detect simple cyst formation and fibrosis (thickening and scarring of the connective tissue which leads to tissue injury)
- To find out the case of adenosis (local or benign breast cancer condition where milk producing glands becomes enlarged than normal condition)
- To evaluate breast abscess (infection caused due to excessive accumulation of the pus)
Preparation for Mammography-One SIde
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute
Hauz Khas, DELHI