Natural Killer Cell
What is Natural Killer Cell?
Natural Killer (NK) cells protect a human against various infections. A natural killer cell test involves screening a sample of a person’s blood, isolating the NK cells and then culturing them with different solutions to find out their reaction. Embryonic cancer cells are used in combination with the NK cells to find out if they are attacked by the NK cells.
Why is Natural Killer Cell done?
- To evaluate condition of women with recurrent miscarriage
- To ensure proper treatment for the woman who has had multiple miscarriages
- To measure the number and activation levels of the NK cells
- As an alternative to, or in conjunction with, a traditional endometrial biopsy of the uterus
- To evaluate cases of repeated IVF failure (defined as two or more unsuccessful fresh IVF)
Preparation for Natural Killer Cell
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Natural Killer Cell
The sample type collected for Natural Killer Cell is: Blood
We at CORE Diagnostics are a renowned pathology testing laboratory & a premier institute in the country capable of providing varied diagnostic tests & facilities in the field of laboratory medicine and have established state-of-art testing facilities in Gurgaon. We are a Clinical laboratory focused on Next Generation Diagnostics for disease stratification and therapy selection. We are focused on bringing the most advanced testing techniques and expertise to India and aim to become the destination for all your high-end diagnostic needs.