Hepatitis A Virus - IgG (Anti-HAV IgG)
Overview of Hepatitis A Virus - IgG
What is Hepatitis A Virus - IgG?
It is ordered when you have symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice. An HAV test can also be ordered if you have been exposed to the hepatitis virus through contaminated water or food.
The sample type collected for Hepatitis A Virus - IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Hepatitis A Virus - IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Hepatitis A Virus - IgG?
- If you have symptoms suggesting hepatitis like jaundice, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, joint pain
- If you have been previously exposed to hepatitis A virus
What Results of Hepatitis A Virus - IgG mean?
- Positive HAV IgG with negative IgM usually indicate no active infection but previous exposure to hepatitis A virus or recent vaccination
- Negative HAV IgG usually signifies no current or previous HAV infection
- If the total antibody test or hepatitis A IgG result is positive and someone has never been vaccinated against HAV, then the person has had past exposure to the virus. About 30% of adults over age 40 have antibodies to hepatitis A
We at CORE Diagnostics are a renowned pathology testing laboratory & a premier institute in the country capable of providing varied diagnostic tests & facilities in the field of laboratory medicine and have established state-of-art testing facilities in Gurgaon. We are a Clinical laboratory focused on Next Generation Diagnostics for disease stratification and therapy selection. We are focused on bringing the most advanced testing techniques and expertise to India and aim to become the destination for all your high-end diagnostic needs.