Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Creatinine Kinase
A CK test may be ordered whenever muscle damage is suspected and at regular intervals to monitor for continued damage. It may be ordered when you have experienced physical trauma, such as crushing injuries or extensive burns or when you have symptoms associated with muscle injury such as muscle pain or weakness. Sometimes it may be ordered when a person has chest pain and a heart attack is suspected.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of muscle injuries like muscle pain, weakness
- If you have experienced physical trauma like extensive burns, crush injuries
- If you are taking any drugs which can damage the muscles
- If you have chest pain and heart attack is suspected
- No special preparation required
What Results of Creatinine Kinase mean?
- A high Creatinine Kinase (CK) generally indicates that their has been recent muscle damage but does not indicate it's exact cause and location. Serial test results that peak and then begin to drop indicate that new muscle damage has diminished, while increasing or persistent elevations suggest continued damage
- Chest pain and increased CK levels indicate that it is likely that a person has recently had a heart attack
- Moderately increased levels may be seen after strenuous exercise, weight lifting
- Normal Ck levels indicate that their has been no muscle damage
We at CORE Diagnostics are a renowned pathology testing laboratory & a premier institute in the country capable of providing varied diagnostic tests & facilities in the field of laboratory medicine and have established state-of-art testing facilities in Gurgaon. We are a Clinical laboratory focused on Next Generation Diagnostics for disease stratification and therapy selection. We are focused on bringing the most advanced testing techniques and expertise to India and aim to become the destination for all your high-end diagnostic needs.