NABL, NABH, ISO
What is Uroflowmetry ?
The Uroflowmetry test is a diagnostic test performed to determine the rate of flow of urine from the urinary bladder. The Uroflowmetry test creates a chart measuring the rate of urine flow, total volume of urine passed, and time taken for the bladder to empty completely. The chart can help to diagnose the pathological conditions affecting the rate of urine flow. Multiple tests may be performed depending on the condition being tested for.
Why is Uroflowmetry done?
- To diagnose the cause of slow urination, weak urine stream, or difficulty in urinating
- To check for conditions that affect rate of urine flow, including blockages in the lower urinary tract, stones in urinary bladder and dysfunction of the sphincter muscles
- To detect any suspected benign prostate enlargement
- To diagnose the cancers of the urinary bladder or prostate gland
- To diagnose the cause of involuntary emptying of the urinary bladder
Preparation for Uroflowmetry
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic Private Limited
Tilak Nagar, NEW DELHI