You need to provide
Semen / Sperm Sample
This test is for
What is Semen Analysis?
A semen analysis measures the quantity and quality of the fluid released during ejaculation. It evaluates both the liquid portion, called semen and the microscopic moving cells called sperms. It is done when a doctor thinks that a man or a couple might have fertility problem. It can also be used to count sperms after a man has had a vasectomy.
Why is Semen Analysis done?
- The incidence of infertility is increasing rapidly these days and semen analysis is one of the initial tests done to screen couples with infertility
- If you have undergone a vasectomy, semen analysis is done to see if the procedure has been successfol
Interpreting Semen Analysis results
- Volume - Decreased volume of semen would indicate fewer sperms, which decreases the opportunities for successful fertilization.
- Sperm count - Low sperm counts are associated with impaired fertility. They may be due to a problem in the production of sperms or a problem in the transport. The latter can be identified by radiological tests. Following vasectomy, the goal is to have no sperms detected in the semen sample
- Problems in the motility and morphology of sperms may impair the fertility
- Transient decrease in sperm counts can also occur in infections and a repeat sperm count after a course of antibiotics in recommended
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Semen Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions about Semen Analysis
Q. How is the semen sample collected for testing?
It should be collected in a private area following self stimulation. It should be transported to the lab within 30 mins of collection to prevent sample deterioration.
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.
Overall great experience.