MRI Lumbosacral Spine
This test is for
What is MRI Lumbosacral Spine?
An MRI lumbosacral spine creates picture of the back part of the pelvis which lies between the hips and its surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Why is MRI Lumbosacral Spine done?
- To find the cause of the lower back pain that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the spinal bones (vertebrae)
- To diagnose any suspected tumors (abnormal growth), arthritis, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or infections of the spine
- To detect suspected disc problems like spondylolisthesis (dislocation or slipping of one vertebra over the other) or degeneration of the disc
- To look for any abnormalities in the curvature of the spine like lordosis (excessive inward curve of spine), kyphosis (excessive outward curve of spine also known as hunch back), scoliosis (side to side abnormal curvature) or birth defects
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.
Overall great experience.