NABL, NABH, ISO
What is DTPA scan?
The DTPA scan is an imaging test that uses a radiotracer material called Tc99m-DTPA (diethylenetriaminepentacetate) which is injected into a vein and reaches the kidneys through blood and eventually excreted. Special cameras sensitive to gamma radiation are used to scan the kidneys during the entire process and create images of the urinary system to assess its functioning and any disorders associated with it. These images can be used to assess the renal functioning and detect any problems associated with it.
Preparation for DTPA scan
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Why Get Tested for DTPA scan?
- To evaluate the kidney function and its blood flow
- To diagnose any changes in the blood vessels like narrowing of the arteries of kidneys
- To identify any blockages or other abnormalities in the urinary tract
- To follow up the cases of kidney transplant
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic Private Limited
Tilak Nagar, NEW DELHI
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.