What is Renal - Color Doppler?
The Renal Color Doppler test is an imaging test which uses ultrasound to create the images of the blood flow pattern in the blood vessels of the kidneys. These images can be used to diagnose the clinical conditions associated with abnormal blood flow in the kidneys.
Why is Renal - Color Doppler done?
- To evaluate the blood flow patterns in the blood vessels of the kidney
- To diagnose any changes in the blood vessels like narrowing of the arteries of kidneys
- To detect narrowing of renal arteries or renal stenosis
Preparation for Renal - Color Doppler
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the scan.
Seawoods, Navi Mumbai