What is MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain) ?
MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx is used to visualise the sacrum (a triangular bone at the end of the spine), coccyx (known as tailbone, located just above the anus) and the surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create a detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Why is MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain) done?
- To find the cause of lower back pain or coccydynia (pain in the coccyx) that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the sacrum or tailbone
- To diagnose any suspected abnormal growths (tumors like sacrococcygeal chordoma), birth defects, infections, inflammation or degenerative diseases of the sacrococcygeal junction
Preparation for MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain)
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Kandivali East, MUMBAI
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Centre is an ultramodern Diagnostic and Imaging Medical Centre located in Kandivali, Mumbai. Our Doctors, have special expertise and exhaustive in-depth experience in MRI and CT. They bring a combined experience of more than 20 years of clinical practice.