What is HRCT Temp-Coronal?
The High Resolution Computed Tomography or HRCT scan of the Temporal Bone is an imaging procedure that uses narrow beams of X-rays to create a high resolution image of the structures of the middle and inner ears to assess their normal structure and identify any problems associated with them.
Why is HRCT Temp-Coronal done?
- To assess the structures of the middle and inner ears and to diagnose the clinical conditions affecting them and direct treatment procedures
- To diagnose the cause of clinical conditions like hearing loss, pulsatile tinnitus
- To diagnose clinical conditions like external auditory canal atresia, middle ear inflammation/cholesteatoma, temporal bone trauma and vascular tympanic membrane
Preparation for HRCT Temp-Coronal
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Kandivali East, MUMBAI
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Centre is an ultramodern Diagnostic and Imaging Medical Centre located in Kandivali, Mumbai. Our Doctors, have special expertise and exhaustive in-depth experience in MRI and CT. They bring a combined experience of more than 20 years of clinical practice.