What is HRCT CHEST - Plain?
The High Resolution Computed Tomography (HRCT) scan of the chest is an imaging procedure that uses narrow beams of X-rays to create a high resolution image of the lung anatomy. The HRCT test creates a detailed image of the lung anatomy and the airflow through it which can be used to visually assess the lung anatomy and airflow patterns to detect and diagnose the underlying health conditions.
Why is HRCT CHEST - Plain done?
- To assess the function of the lungs and the risk of development of diffuse lung disease
- To detect presence of any abnormal growth in the lungs
- To detect obstructions to airflow through the lungs
- To identify the location to perform lung biopsy if needed
Preparation for HRCT CHEST - Plain
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Kandivali East, MUMBAI