USG Obstetrical (24 - 36 Weeks)
This test is for
What is USG Obstetrical (24 - 36 Weeks)?
The Obstetrical Ultrasonography test is an imaging procedure that uses ultrasound to create an image of the fetus inside the womb during pregnancy to assess fetal development and any disorders of it.
Why is USG Obstetrical (24 - 36 Weeks) done?
- To diagnose and confirm early pregnancy
- To determine life of the fetus and age of the pregnancy
- To determine the position of the fetus and placenta inside the womb
- To detect and diagnose any suspected congenital fetal abnormalities
- To determine multiple pregnancy
- To estimate the volume of amniotic fluid surrounding the fetus
- To determine the cervical integrity and check for premature cervical opening or shortening
- To assess the proper growth and general well being of the fetus
The CLINICAL LABORATORY of Shahbazker’s Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Colaba is the 5th lab in Mumbai & 21st in India to be granted accreditation by NABL, and the 1st Lab in Mumbai and 2nd in India to be accredited under ISO 15189 (specific for medical Laboratories). NABL is a body under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. Its criteria are based on ISO 15189:2007.