What is USG - Neck?
The Ultrasonography of the neck is an imaging procedure that uses ultrasound to create an image of the neck vasculature and glands to diagnose the associated clinical conditions.
Why is USG - Neck done?
- To determine the anatomy of the blood vessels and glands of the neck
- To detect the presence of lumps, nodules, cysts, or other abnormal masses in the neck or thyroid gland
- To diagnose any suspected infection or inflammation in the neck and head region
- To detect the presence of any cancerous mass in the neck
- To guide treatment procedures or further tests like fine needle aspiration or biopsy
Preparation for USG - Neck
- No special preparation required
Colaba Market, MUMBAI
The CLINICAL LABORATORY of Shahbazker’s Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Colaba is the 5th lab in Mumbai & 21st in India to be granted accreditation by NABL, and the 1st Lab in Mumbai and 2nd in India to be accredited under ISO 15189 (specific for medical Laboratories). NABL is a body under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. Its criteria are based on ISO 15189:2007.