MRI Lumbosacral Spine
This test is for
What is MRI Lumbosacral Spine?
An MRI lumbosacral spine creates picture of the back part of the pelvis which lies between the hips and its surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Why is MRI Lumbosacral Spine done?
- To find the cause of the lower back pain that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the spinal bones (vertebrae)
- To diagnose any suspected tumors (abnormal growth), arthritis, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or infections of the spine
- To detect suspected disc problems like spondylolisthesis (dislocation or slipping of one vertebra over the other) or degeneration of the disc
- To look for any abnormalities in the curvature of the spine like lordosis (excessive inward curve of spine), kyphosis (excessive outward curve of spine also known as hunch back), scoliosis (side to side abnormal curvature) or birth defects
Pulse Hitech Health Services Pvt Ltd in Kora Kendra-Borivali West, Mumbai is a top player in the category 24 Hours MRI Scanning Centres in the Mumbai. This well-known establishment acts as a one-stop destination servicing customers both local and from other parts of Mumbai. Over the course of its journey, this business has established a firm foothold in it’s industry. The belief that customer satisfaction is as important as their products and services, have helped this establishment garner a...