Why is CECT Upper Abdomen done?
- To diagnose diseases of the upper abdominal region such as infections like appendicitis and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases like Crohn’s Disease
- To diagnose liver, kidney, bladder, pancreatic, or ovarian cancers
- To detect stones in the kidneys, urinary bladder, or gall bladder
- To detect injury to internal organs of the abdominal and pelvic region
Preparation for CECT Upper Abdomen
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Andheri (East), MAHARASHTRA
Proscan Diagnostics centre was established by Dr. Nimit Dhabalia (DNB Radiology) with the aim of providing high quality diagnostic services in Mumbai. Proscan Diagnostics is an example of a world class diagnostic facility in Radiology, Pathology, Diagnostic & Consultation Services. We are equipped with a range of advanced diagnostic equipment, combined with our well trained and experienced team, assuring you of high quality diagnostic services.