Overview of Insulin-F
What is Insulin-F?
This test is ordered when you have low blood glucose levels with symptoms such as sweating, palpitations, dizziness, fainting; when you have diabetes and your doctor wants to monitor your insulin production; sometimes when it is suspected that you have insulin resistance.
Why is Insulin-F done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) like sweating, hunger, confusion, blurred vision, dizziness, palpitations and sometimes fainting
- In case of suspected type 2 diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, heart disease or metabolic syndrome
- In case of suspected insolinoma
Preparation for Insulin-F
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
Sample Type for Insulin-F
The sample type collected for Insulin - Fasting is: Blood
Interpreting Insulin-F results
- High fasting insulin levels along with normal fasting glucose level indicate insulin resistance. Causes of high fasting insulin levels are acromegaly, Cushing syndrome, insulinomas, obesity
- Normal fasting insulin level along with low fasting glucose level usually indicate hypoglycemia due to excess insulin
- Low fasting insulin level with high fasting glucose level usually mean that there is not enough insulin produced by beta cells which may be seen in diabetes, pancreatitis
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Insulin-F
Frequently Asked Questions about Insulin - Fasting
Q. Can I do a home insulin test?
No, insulin test requires special instruments so, it can only be done in laboratories
Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited was registered at Registrar of Companies Mumbai on 19 March, 2010 and is categorised as Company limited by Shares and an Non-govt company. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited's Corporate Identification Number (CIN) is U85195MH2010PTC201078 and Registeration Number is 201078. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited registered address on file is AL - 1 / 545 & 546, SECTOR 16, AIROLI, NAVI MUMBAI MH 400708 IN, Navi Mumbai - 400708, Maharashtra, India. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited currently have 2 Active Directors / Partners: Jagdish Umakant Nayak, Jyoti Jagdish Nayak, and there are no other Active Directors / Partners in the company except these 2 officials. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited is involved in Community, Personal & Social Services Activity