Overview of HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography
What is HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography?
Get this test done one to three months after you think you may have been exposed to the virus (the average time for the antibody to be detected is two to eight weeks after exposure to the virus); once a year if you are at increased risk of being exposed to the virus; when your doctor thinks that your signs and symptoms may be due to HIV; before becoming pregnant or when you are pregnant.
Why is HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography done?
- To screen for and diagnose HIV infection
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- If you are diagnosed with Hepatitis B, C, Tubercolosis or any other sexually transmitted disease
- Annual screening is advised for those who are at high risk for HIV infection like having a HIV positive sex partner, moltiple sexual partners, homosexual people, sharing needles
Preparation for HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography
The sample type collected for HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography is: Blood
Interpreting HIV 1 And 2 Antibody - Chromatography results
- A negative HIV antibody test usually indicates that a person does not have HIV infection. A negative test only means that their is no evidence of disease at the time of the test. The HIV antibody tests does not detect an HIV infection soon after exposure, before the development of antibodies. Most people produce detectable levels of antibody 3 to 12 weeks after exposure. If someone is screened with an HIV antibody test too soon, the result may be negative despite the fact that the person is infected. For those who are at increased risk of HIV infection, it is important to get this screening test done frequently to check for possible exposure to the virus
- If someone tests positive on both the initial screening and supplemental testing, then that person is considered to be infected with HIV
Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited was registered at Registrar of Companies Mumbai on 19 March, 2010 and is categorised as Company limited by Shares and an Non-govt company. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited's Corporate Identification Number (CIN) is U85195MH2010PTC201078 and Registeration Number is 201078. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited registered address on file is AL - 1 / 545 & 546, SECTOR 16, AIROLI, NAVI MUMBAI MH 400708 IN, Navi Mumbai - 400708, Maharashtra, India. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited currently have 2 Active Directors / Partners: Jagdish Umakant Nayak, Jyoti Jagdish Nayak, and there are no other Active Directors / Partners in the company except these 2 officials. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited is involved in Community, Personal & Social Services Activity