Overview of Vitamin B 9
What is Vitamin B 9?
When you have an abnormal complete blood count (CBC) with a blood smear showing large red blood cells (macrocytosis) or abnormal (hypersegmented) neutrophils; when you have symptoms of anemia (weakness, tiredness, pale skin) and/or of neuropathy (tingling or itching sensations, eye twitching, memory loss, altered mental status); when you are being treated for vitamin B12 or folate deficiency.
The sample type collected for Vitamin B 9 is: Blood
Preparation for Vitamin B 9
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Vitamin B 9?
- If you have symptoms of anemia like weakness, tiredness, pale skin
- If you have an abnormal complete blood count and your blood smear shows large red blood cells or neutrophils with more than 5 lobes
- If you have symptoms or signs of nerve problems like numbness, burning in hands, feet, arms,tingling sensation
- If you are being treated with vitamin B12 or folate therapy
- Folate levels in blood may vary based on your recent diet. Since your red blood cells store 95% of circolating folate, your doctor may order a test to measure the folate level within RBC’s
What Results of Vitamin B 9 mean?
Low levels of folate in the blood may indicate:
- Folic acid deficiency anemia
- Malabsorption syndromes
- Chronic alcoholism
We are committed for providing accurate speedy results. and highly personalized care. For timely results we have strengthened our IT division so that we can reach within seconds to every nuke and corner of the world. We participate actively in awareness campaigns and health check-up campaigns. Our services include Clinical Laboratory services, Hospital Laboratory set up , Laboratory Services for Clinical Trials, Home Health Services and Preventive Health Check ups .Prathamesh is now Networked, Certified and Accredited. Prathamesh plans to offer almost the entire range of diagnostic services across the globe with high degree of accuracy and at an affordable price.