What is Toxoplasma gondii - IgG?
Toxoplasmosis is an infection caused by the parasite Toxoplasma gondii. Toxoplasma gondii - IgG test detects antibodies in the blood that are produced in response to an infection.
Why is Toxoplasma gondii - IgG done?
- To help in diagnosis when symptoms of toxoplasmosis appear in pregnant women or immunocompromised people, including flu like symptoms of fever, headache, sore throat, weakness, swollen lymph nodes, etc.
- When an exposure to the pathogen is suspected and symptoms are yet undetermined
- To determine if a person has been previously infected
- To determine if complications are due to an active Toxoplasma infection
Preparation for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG
The sample type collected for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG is: Blood