Overview of Rubella Virus - IgG
What is Rubella Virus - IgG?
The IgG Rubella test is ordered if you are pregnant and have signs or symptoms which may indicate rubella infection like fever, rashes, inflamed eyes, aching joints etc. It may be ordered when a new born is born with birth defects such as hearing loss, heart defects or cataracts.
The sample type collected for Rubella Virus - IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Rubella Virus - IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Rubella Virus - IgG?
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- When a pregnant women has signs and symptoms suggestive of rubella infection like mild fever, rash on the face and body, stuffy nose, red eyes, aching joints, swollen lymph nodes
- It is ordered in a newborn when mother was diagnosed with rubella infection during pregnancy
What Results of Rubella Virus - IgG mean?
- Positive Rubella IgG in adults usually indicates prior infection or vaccination with the virus
- Positive IgG in a newborn usually signifies that mother has passed the antibodies to baby during pregnancy
- Negative Rubella IgG along with IgM means no current or prior infection with the virus
We are committed for providing accurate speedy results. and highly personalized care. For timely results we have strengthened our IT division so that we can reach within seconds to every nuke and corner of the world. We participate actively in awareness campaigns and health check-up campaigns. Our services include Clinical Laboratory services, Hospital Laboratory set up , Laboratory Services for Clinical Trials, Home Health Services and Preventive Health Check ups .Prathamesh is now Networked, Certified and Accredited. Prathamesh plans to offer almost the entire range of diagnostic services across the globe with high degree of accuracy and at an affordable price.