Overview of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2 IgM
What is Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2 IgM?
It is used to screen for or diagnose Herpes simplex infection. A doctor suspects herpes simplex infection when you have blister on your genitals, or symptoms of meningitis like severe headache, seizures. It may also be ordered if you are pregnant and are suffering from herpes. A doctor may also order HSV antibody test if you have another sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of infection.
The sample type collected for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2 IgM is: Blood
Preparation for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2 IgM
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2 IgM?
- If you have signs of herpes virus infection like blister on the genitals
- When you have encephalitis and the doctor is suspecting a viral cause
- If you are pregnant, and are suffering from herpes
- If you are being screened for a previous exposure to herpes simplex virus
- If you have any other sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of herpes infection
What Results of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2 IgM mean?
- Positive HSV 1 and 2 IgM antibody indicates acute or recent infection
- Negative HSV 1 and HSV 2 antibody test means that it is unlikely that a person has been exposed to Herpes simplex virus
We are committed for providing accurate speedy results. and highly personalized care. For timely results we have strengthened our IT division so that we can reach within seconds to every nuke and corner of the world. We participate actively in awareness campaigns and health check-up campaigns. Our services include Clinical Laboratory services, Hospital Laboratory set up , Laboratory Services for Clinical Trials, Home Health Services and Preventive Health Check ups .Prathamesh is now Networked, Certified and Accredited. Prathamesh plans to offer almost the entire range of diagnostic services across the globe with high degree of accuracy and at an affordable price.