Overview of Culture Stool
What is Culture Stool?
Stool culture is a test used to examine the presence of any micro organisms in the stool or feces to identify the cause of any gastrointestinal distress.
The sample type collected for Culture Stool is: Stool
Preparation for Culture Stool
- A copy of valid government-issued identification card with the address is required.
Why Get Tested for Culture Stool?
- If your doctor suspects any stomach or intestinal infection
- If you experience signs or symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, fever for a long time
- If you have severe symptoms such as extreme dehydration, or have diarrhea from traveling to another country.
What Results of Culture Stool mean?
- A positive result means that there is growth of particular micro organsim in the stool sample, which indicates an infection with that organsim
- A negative result means that there are no abnormal organisms present in the stool sample
Patient Concerns about Culture Stool
Frequently Asked Questions about Culture Stool
Q. Does normal stool contains bacteria?
Yes, our gastrointestinal system is home to millions of bacteria. These bacteria help us in digestion. Hence, they are called good bacteria. Sometimes, due to contamination other infectious bacteria enter our bodies causing infection.
We are committed for providing accurate speedy results. and highly personalized care. For timely results we have strengthened our IT division so that we can reach within seconds to every nuke and corner of the world. We participate actively in awareness campaigns and health check-up campaigns. Our services include Clinical Laboratory services, Hospital Laboratory set up , Laboratory Services for Clinical Trials, Home Health Services and Preventive Health Check ups .Prathamesh is now Networked, Certified and Accredited. Prathamesh plans to offer almost the entire range of diagnostic services across the globe with high degree of accuracy and at an affordable price.