NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of C-Peptide
What is C-Peptide?
C peptide is a protein excreted by the kidneys and is a by product of insulin production.
The sample type collected for C-Peptide is: Blood
Preparation for C-Peptide
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for C-Peptide?
- To assess insulin production by the body from pancreas
- If you have insulin resistance i.e. type 2 diabetes and the doctor wants to see if you need insulin supplement externally
- It may be ordered along with blood glucose levels to identify the cause of hypoglycaemia if you have symptoms like fainting, shivering, confusion, sweating, palpitations etc.
- To diagnose tumors of the pancreas – insulinoma
- To assess amount of insulin production if you are a type 1 diabetic
What Results of C-Peptide mean?
- High level of C peptide usually means there is high insulin production in the body as compared to the glucose intake which is interpreted as insulin resistance and diabetes type 2.
- Low levels mean low insulin production in case of type 1 diabetes and excessive external insulin injections.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.