What is HRCT Temporal Bone- Axial And Coronal?
HRCT temporal bone axial scan is a high resolution computed tomography (HRCT) imaging test which helps to visualise specially the soft tissues and bones of the temporal region of the brain (middle ear). The temporal bone forms the lateral or side part of the skull which comprises of mainly middle and inner ear crossed by bunches of brain or nerves of the brain.
Preparation for HRCT Temporal Bone- Axial And Coronal
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for HRCT Temporal Bone- Axial And Coronal?
- To diagnose chronic and acute swelling, malformation, tumor formation in the middle ear
- To detect cholesteatoma (tumor or abnormal skin growth in the middle ear behind the eardrum)
- To find out meningoencephalocele or meningocele (congenital or birth defect condition where spinal cord of the baby fails to develop)
- To evaluate inner ear swelling which connects ear to the brain resulting in vertigo
Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Center
Kandivali East, MUMBAI
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Centre is an ultramodern Diagnostic and Imaging Medical Centre located in Kandivali, Mumbai. Our Doctors, have special expertise and exhaustive in-depth experience in MRI and CT. They bring a combined experience of more than 20 years of clinical practice.