CT Angio - Renal Arteries
This test is for
What is CT Angio - Renal Arteries?
The Computed Tomography (CT) based Angiography of the renal arteries is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used after injection of a contrast material to create a detailed image of the blood vessels of the kidneys and blood flow patterns to help detect and diagnose blood vessel disorders and blockages, if any.
Why is CT Angio - Renal Arteries done?
- To evaluate the blood vessels of the kidneys in case of physical trauma or injury
- To evaluate the weak points in blood vessels or aneurysm
- To check for blockages in blood vessels due to plaque deposition or blood clot formation• To assess any abnormal formations of the blood vessels
- To study any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) and blood supply to tumors
- To determine the presence of haemorrhage or internal bleeding
- To assess the functioning of the kidneys
- To plan and to check the efficacy of various treatment procedures including kidney transplants
Vcare was inaugurated on 13th of February, 2013 by the Honorable Mayor of Mumbai - Mr. Sunil Prabhu. Vcare Imaging and Diagnostic center is part of Sawant Life Care Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Vcare Imaging & Diagnostic Centre is an ultramodern Diagnostic and Imaging Medical Centre located in Kandivali, Mumbai. Our Doctors, have special expertise and exhaustive in-depth experience in MRI and CT. They bring a combined experience of more than 20 years of clinical practice.