This test is for
What is CECT Chest?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles.
Why is CECT Chest done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammations or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Terna Speciality Hospital & Research Centre is strategically located just opposite Nerul Railway Station makes quality healthcare, easily accessible to the residents of Navi Mumbai and peripheral area of Navi Mumbai. Terna Speciality Hospital & Research Centre is 250 - bedded multi-specialty tertiary care hospital confidently providing comprehensive health care with the latest medical, surgical and diagnostic facilities. It is a five-storied building built with 2 lakh square feet floor space....