USG Fetal Echo.
This test is for
What is USG Fetal Echo.?
The Foetal Echocardiography test is an imaging procedure in which the ultrasound is used to create an image of the heart and its internal structures of the foetus inside the womb to detect structural or functional disorders associated with the foetal heart.
Why is USG Fetal Echo. done?
- To assess the development and functioning of the foetal heart
- To check for congenital malformations (birth defects) if a previous USG indicates one
- To assess the risk of development of heart conditions if a sibling has already been diagnosed with a heart disease
- To assess the risk of damage to the foetal heart if the mother consumes alcohol, smokes, or takes certain prescription drugs during pregnancy
- To assess the risk of development of heart disorders if the mother is affected by diseases like rubella, Type 1 diabetes, etc.
A pioneer in the medical diagnostics arena, Suburban Diagnostics has been the front-runner in world-class diagnostic services since 1994. With supremely high standards and precise testing, our fundamental mission is to propagate healthier living for all of our patients. Suburban Diagnostics is headed by Dr. Sanjay Arora, who is an alumnus of the Grant Medical College, Mumbai, and has a specialization in Cytopathology from the Tata Memorial Hospital, Johns Hopkins and the Henry Ford Hospital,...